Green beans have a lot of nutritional value. We surely love to munch on them, but can our Hamsters eat green beans just like we do? Even I wondered the same thing a few years back, so I researched the same, and here is what I found out.
Hamsters can eat green beans without any worries. Green beans are packed with essential nutrients required for the healthy growth of Hamsters. Avoid serving your Hamsters with cooked or canned beans. Raw beans are the best choice. A small string of the vegetable once a week is perfect for our Hamsters.
Vegetables are an essential part of our Hamster’s diet. They provide our little ones with lots of nutrients which are vital for proper growth. However, at the same time, overfeeding can have an ill effect on Hamster’s health.
Now that you have known that you can feed green beans to your Hamsters, you might be wondering about the nutritional value of the vegetable. How many beans can I serve my Hamsters? How to serve our Hamsters with green beans and much more.
Don’t worry, continue to read the article till the end and I bet you will have all your doubts cleared.
Nutrition In Green Beans
Let us look in detail the nutritional values of 100 grams of green beans.
|Vitamin C||12.2 mg|
|Vitamin K||211 mg|
|Vitamin A||35 ug|
Green Beans are a very healthy food option for your Hamster. It is very rich in some essential nutrients for your Hamsters.
Green Beans are especially rich in Vitamin C, which is very important for the proper functioning of our Hamster’s body. It also prevents diseases like scurvy.
Beans also contain Vitamin A and Vitamin K. Vitamin A helps in improving our Hamster’s eyesight. Besides this, the consumption of beans also helps in better functioning of our Hamster’s heart, liver, and kidney.
It is also rich in magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus which helps our Hamsters in keeping their heart-healthy.
Green beans are also rich in calcium and iron. Calcium helps in keeping your Hamster’s teeth and bones strong. Iron is responsible for the formation of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen throughout their blood. It is also important for pregnant Hamsters for the development of young ones.
Are Green Beans Safe For Hamsters?
Green beans are totally safe for our Hamsters. They have tones of nutrition, which is very beneficial for our Hamsters. Beans also help by improving eyesight, heart health, digestive system, and preventing scurvy in Hamsters.
However, overfeeding green beans to your Hamsters might do more harm than benefit to your Hamster. This is because of the high calcium and fiber count. So, consider serving green beans to your Hamster in a moderate quantity.
Are Green Beans Good For Hamsters?
Green Beans are packed with a lot of nutrients which are very beneficial for our Hamsters. Some of the benefits that your Hamster is going to enjoy are as follows:
- Improving Eyesight: Green beans are packed with Vitamin A, which helps in improving our Hamster’s eye health.
- Prevents Scurvy: Green beans contain Vitamin C and fiber which helps in the prevention of scurvy. Besides this, beans also help in keeping Hamster’s digestive system healthy.
- Improving Heart Health: Green beans contain magnesium, potassium, and, phosphorus which helps our Hamster’s heart strong.
- Keeping The Digestive System Healthy: The fiber in green beans helps our Hamsters a lot in proper digestion. Fiber also helps in the slow absorption of sugar in the bloodstream.
Have a look at these bestselling Hamster Water bottles from Amazon. My Hamster loves it, yours will love it too!
Can Hamsters Eat Raw Green Beans?
Hamsters can eat raw beans without any worries. Raw beans are high in nutritional value. So, you should try to feed raw green beans to your Hamsters.
Can Hamsters Eat Cooked Green Beans?
No, Hamsters cannot eat cooked green beans. Cooking diminishes all the essential nutrients for your Hamster.
Serving cooked food might also lead to problems in your Hamster’s digestive system. So, it is best to avoid cooked green beans for your Hamsters.
Can Hamsters Eat Frozen Green Beans?
Yes, frozen green beans can be served to Hamsters but not directly out of the refrigerator.
Let the beans come down to room temperature before serving them to your Hamster. This is done so that your Hamster can digest it easily without having any problems.
- Do Hamsters Play Dead? (+How To Train Them)
- Why Is My Hamster Always Hiding? (Reasons+What To Do)
- Why Is My Hamster Trying to Escape? (How To Stop Them + What To Do)
- Why Is My Hamster Scared Of Me?
- Why Is My Hamster Not Moving? (You Must Know)
How Often Can Hamsters Eat Green Beans?
Do not serve your Hamsters with green beans more than 2 times a week. Although beans have a lot of essential nutrients, overfeeding is a bad idea.
The more balanced diet your Hamster has, the more benefits it will be able to enjoy. Try serving a mix of 3 or 4 veggies daily so that they have a balanced diet.
You should mix some low calcium vegetables with green beans to keep the calcium count not too high.
How Much Green Beans Can We Feed Our Hamsters?
Do not feed your Hamsters more than 1 string of green beans at a time. Overeating might lead to digestive problems in them. Also, feed them with fresh beans only.
Keep in mind that the number of vegetables to be served to our Hamsters also depends on their age. If your Hamster is young, you can serve a little more. However, if your Hamster is a little old, then you should not overfeed green beans at all.
Correct Way To Feed Green Beans To Your Hamsters!
It is very easy to prepare green beans for our Hamsters. Follow the steps listed below to easily prepare green beans:
- Choose the correct green bean for your Hamster. Young and fresh beans are the best choice for your Hamsters.
- Wash the beans properly. This is done to get rid of the chemicals and bacteria.
- Cut the end of the beans to remove the hard stem. This will also make it easier for our Hamsters to chew. You can either serve the bean as a whole or chop it into small pieces.
- You can mix the green beans with 3 or 4 veggies so that your Hamster has a mixed diet, and can take all the benefits.
- After your Hamster has enjoyed eating their veggies, remove all the unwanted parts from their cage. This is done to make sure that bacteria does not build up around or inside the cage.
Have a look at this bestselling Hamster Food Bowls from Amazon. My Hamster loves it, yours will love it too!
Can Hamsters Eat Green Bean Seeds?
Hamsters can eat green bean seeds. Serving only young and immature seeds to our Hamster is ideal. Consumption of old and mature seeds might lead to digestive problems in them.
Can Hamsters Have Green Bean Leaves?
Hamsters can eat green bean leaves but in small quantities only. Overfeeding might lead to health problems in them.
Can Hamsters Eat Canned Green Beans?
Hamsters cannot eat canned green beans. Canned beans contain the added preservatives, which is not good at all for our Hamsters.
Canned food also contains almost no nutrients for our Hamsters, which makes it non-beneficial. So, consider avoiding canned green beans for your Hamster.